Why read: Felling tired and exhausted? These inspiring tired mom quotes and memes will help to lift your spirit and cheer you up!
Being a mom is hard work. There’s no denying that!
From the moment our little ones are born, we are constantly juggling their needs with our own.
And if you’re feeling tired, you’re not alone. Moms everywhere are tired!
To help make you feel better, I’ve put together some funny, inspirational, working mom and everything in between motherhood quotes.
So sit back, relax and enjoy!
Tired Mom Quotes
These tired mother quotes perfectly capture the highs and lows of motherhood. And they will remind you that at the end of the day it’s all worth it!
1. “There should be a special place in heaven for mothers who wake up tired every day and do it anyway.” – Unknown
2. “The tiredness you feel today will wash away in the laughter of tomorrow.” – Jill Churchill
3. “Hey mama, I know you’re tired. But I hope under that exhaustion you feel some pride too. Because no matter how the past 24 hours went, you can fall into bed tonight knowing you made someone’s life a little better today – just by loving them like only you can.” – Casey Huff
4. “The tiredness you feel when you’re a parent is unlike any other tiredness. It’s the tiredness of knowing that if you don’t keep going, no one else will.” – Unknown
5. “Motherhood is hard work, but it’s also the best job in the world.” – Unknown
6. “Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.” – Tina Fey
7. “Good moms have homes that are clean enough to be healthy and messy enough to be happy.” – Unknown
8. “Tiredness is just something that is appearing; it’s not who you are.” – Nirmala
9. “I’m tired. I’m also tired of being tired. I also realize that one day I will get all the sleep I need because my children won’t live here anymore, and that makes me sad.” – Bunmi Laditan
10. “You are mentally strong, but you are also tired… and that is OK.” – Unknown
11. “Even a good mom has bad days, great days, normal days, overwhelming days, perfect days, trying days, supermom days, just being-a-mom days, a whole lot of love and real and crazy motherhood days.” – Rachel Martin
12. “The job description of mother is clearly in need of revision. As it stands, the shifts are 24 hours, for a period of approximately 1,825 consecutive days. The benefits are sorely in need of amendment: no vacations, no sick leave, no lunch hours, no breaks. Moreover, it is the only unpaid position I know of that can result in arrest if you fail to show up for work” – Mary Blakely
13. “Don’t tell a mother she looks tired; she already knows that. Tell her she’s doing a good job; she may not know that.” – Stephanie Peltier
14. “Parenthood: where your child throws up twice and it’s considered an emergency but when you do it, it’s called ‘the flu.'” – Unknown
15. “A tired mother makes a cup of coffee and sits down to cry.” – Erma Bombeck
16. “The tiredness isn’t from sleep deprivation, it’s from being up all night worrying that my children are going to turn out exactly like me.” – Unknown
17. “An empty tank will take you exactly nowhere. Take time to refuel.” – Unknown
Funny Tired Mom Quotes
When you’re tired, it can be hard to find the humor in motherhood.
Being a tired mom is no laughing matter. But sometimes, the only way to get through it is to laugh.
If you’re looking for a good laugh, these funny tired mom quotes are sure to do the trick. From hilarious to relatable, these positive and funny quotes will have you laughing out loud.
And they might just help you get through this tired phase too.
18. “I don’t want to sleep like a baby… I want to sleep like my husband!” – Unknown
19. “My husband and I share the load: I breastfeed because he can’t… he sleeps because I can’t.” – Unknown
20. “The tiredness isn’t from lack of sleep. It’s from constantly being a step ahead of your little one.” – Unknown
21. “I wish I was a little kid so I could take a long nap and everyone would just be proud of me…” – Unknown
22. “I slept until 7:30 a.m. and now have clogged sink, all of the candy is gone, and the living room is a disaster. Totally Worth It!” – Unknown
23. “Motherhood is an extreme sport. That’s why we have to wear activewear every day.” – Unknown
24. “After my kids go to bed I just sit really still and recover from the trauma” – @mamavibesofficial
25. “Sleep is like the unicorn – it is rumored to exist, but I doubt I will see any.” – Dr. Seuss
26. “There should be an energy drink named 6 am toddler.” – Unknown
27. “It’s been a long day! Me, after breakfast.” – Unknown
28. “I had no idea that I would want to see someone I love so much go to bed so badly” – @happyasamother
29. “Having children is like being pecked to death by ducks.” – Wisecrack
30. “People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one.” – Leo J. Burke
31. “Any kid will run any errand for you if you ask at bedtime.” – Red Skelton
32. “Moms don’t need an alarm clock – they give birth to them.” – Unknown
33. “When I say, “I’m going to the bathroom” my kids clearly must hear, “family meeting in the bathroom.” – Unknown
34. “My house isn’t messy, it’s custom designed by my kids!” – Unknown
35. “She believed she could but then her baby woke up 5 times during the night.” – Unknown
36. “Motherhood is… dressing your kid in cute new outfits while you are wearing underwear that’s older than they are.” – @mkallenfitness
37. “They say women speak 20,000 words a day. I have a daughter who gets that done by breakfast.” – Unknown
38. “Sometimes I’m so tired, I look down at what I’m wearing, and if it’s comfortable enough to sleep in, I don’t even make it into my pajamas. I’m looking down, and I’m like, ‘T-shirt and stretchy pants? Yup, that’s fine. It’s pajama-y, good night.’” – Rebecca Romijn
39. “Sleep at this point is just a concept, something I’m looking forward to investigating in the future.” – Amy Poehler
40. “I finally got eight hours of sleep. It took me four days, but whatever.” – Unknown
41. “Why don’t kids understand that their nap is not for them but for us?” – Alyson Hannigan
42. “Mom sleep. Like regular sleep without any sleep.” – Unknown
43. “The bags under my eyes were definitely well past the carry-on limit.” — Sarah Gailey
44. “May your coffee be stronger than your toddler.” – Unknown
45. “A mother needs only step into the shower to be instantly reassured she is indispensable to every member of her family.” – Lynne Williams
Tired Mom Memes
And to lift your spirits even more, here are some of the most hilarious tired mom memes from around the Internet that’ll have you laughing out loud!
Inspirational Quotes For Tired Moms
When you’re feeling tired and overwhelmed, it’s easy to forget what a capable and strong mom you are.
If you need a little boost, these inspirational quotes for tired moms are what you need!
From wise words to motivational sayings, these quotes will remind you of just how amazing you are.
So read on and get inspired!
46. “There is no such thing as a perfect mother, and there never will be. So just be the best mom you can be, and forget about the rest.” – Jill Churchill
47. “If you’re a mom, you’re a superhero. Period.” – Rosie Pope
48. “A real mom: Emotional, yet the rock. Tired, but keeps going. Worried, but full of hope. Impatient, yet patient. Overwhelmed, but never quits. Amazing, even though doubted. Wonderful, even in the chaos. Life changer, every single day.” – Rachel Marie Martin
49. “I know it can be hard to get up every day and have these little people rely on you; I know it’s hard to feel like sometimes your world is so small. I want to remind you; you are the world. You are the world for those little ones that is revolving around.” – Unknown
50. “In a child’s eyes, a mother is a goddess. She can be glorious or terrible, benevolent or filled with wrath, but she commands love either way. I am convinced that this is the greatest power in the universe.” – N.K. Jemisin
51. “The best thing about being a mom is that it’s the hardest job in the world, and you get to do it every day.” – Unknown
52. “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” – Henry David Thoreau
53. “A tired mom is a good mom. A rested mom is a better mom.” – Mandy Hale
54. “The best thing about being a mom is that you can love someone so much and they will never know it.” – Unknown
55. “The tiredest mom still has more love in her heart than the strongest man.” – Unknown
56. “There’s no such thing as a perfect mom. The only thing that matters is being there for your kids when they need you.” – Unknown
57. “There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.” – Chinese proverb
58. “All your kids want is you. Not the fit mom, not the Pinterest mom, not the PTA mom, not every other mom you think you should be. All they want is you, so be the happiest you there ever was.” – Cat & Nat
59. “To all mothers in every circumstance, including those who struggle, I say, ‘Be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are.’” – Jeffrey R. Holland
60. “Motherhood is messy. And challenging. And crazy. And sleepless. And giving. and still unbelievably beautiful.” – Rachel Martin
61. “Even when you have every right to be tired of everything, never be tired of living.” – Terry Mark
62. “The parenting road gets bumpy sometimes. That doesn’t mean you are off course.” – Unknown
63. “Many people talk about having kids like it’s a bad thing. You want to know what true love is? Have some kids. They don’t care how much money you have, what car you drive, or how you look. They just truly love you for you. The unconditional love between you and your children is priceless.” – Unknown
64. “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” – Theodore Roosevelt
65. “Successful mothers are not the ones who have never struggled. They are the ones that never give up despite the struggles.” – Sharon Jaynes
66. “Life is tough, but so are you.” – Unknown
67. “Tired is not a word in my vocabulary.”- Brittany Murphy
68. “Parenting is hard. Especially when you’re doing it right.” – Unknown
69. “If every mother…could wrap her mind around her true value as a woman and mother, her life would never be the same. We would wake up every morning excited for the day rather than feeling as though we’d been hit by a truck during the night. We would talk differently to our kids, fret less about our husbands’ annoying habits, and speak with greater tenderness and clarity. We would find more contentment in our relationships, let mean remarks roll off our backs, and leave work feeling confident in the job we performed.” – Meg Meeker
70. “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.” – Linda Wooten
Tired Working Mom Quotes
Being a working mom is hard enough, but when you’re tired too, it can feel impossible.
If you’re a tired hard working mom, know that you’re not alone. These tired working mom quotes perfectly capture the challenges and the joys of trying to do it all.
71. “I think every working mom probably feels the same thing. You go through big chunks of time where you’re just thinking, ‘This is impossible – oh, this is impossible.’ And then you just keep going and keep going, and you sort of do the impossible.’ – Tina Fey
72. “Tiredness doesn’t come from sleeping less. It comes from using your brain more.” – Erma Bombeck
73. “You are never too tired or too busy to be a loving mother to your children.” – Barbara Coloroso
74. “Being a mom is the hardest job in the world, but it’s also the best job in the world.” – Unknown
75. “Life is one long process of getting tired.” – Samuel Butler
76. “You’ve done enough. It’s OK to be tired. You can take a break.” – Shauna Niequist
77. “My toddler picked a short book tonight for bedtime and it felt like my boss let me go home early.” – Unknown
78. “As hard as it is and as tired as I am, I force myself to get dinner at least once a week with my girlfriends, or have a sleepover. Otherwise, my life is just work.” – Jennifer Lawrence
79. “When I’m tired, I rest. I say, ‘I can’t be a superwoman today.’” – Jada Pinkett Smith
80. “It’s not difficult to take care of a child- it’s difficult to do anything else while taking care of a child” – Julianne Moore
Exhausted Mom Quotes
Being a mom is exhausting!
From the never-ending laundry to the constant clean-up, it’s easy to feel like you’re running on empty.
But even when you’re exhausted, remember that you’re doing an amazing job. So to help you get through those tough days, here are some exhausted mom quotes that will make you feel better.
81. “If you’re completely exhausted and don’t know how you’re going to keep giving this much of yourself day after day you’re probably a good parent.” – Bunmi Laditan
82. “The tiredest I’ve ever been was the day after my son was born. It’s like your entire body just shuts down.” – Emily Oster
83. “The best way to end a long day is in the arms of someone who loves you, no matter how tired you are.”- Unknown
84. “The best way to describe the exhaustion of parenthood? Imagine you were awake for twenty-four hours straight. And then someone punched you in the face.” – David Levithan
85. “The tiredness of parenthood is not from lack of sleep. It’s from worry, love and pure exhaustion from giving everything you have to someone else.” – Unknown
86. “I am not an early bird or a night owl. I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.” – Unknown
87. “24/7: Once you sign on to be a mom, that’s the only shift they offer.” – Donna Ball
88. “Some days she has no idea how she’ll do it, but every single day it still gets done.” – Unknown
89. “The strength of a mother is second to none. Even when she is in times of stress, when she is fighting her own demons, when she is beyond exhausted both mentally and physically; nothing will stop her from finding the strength she needs to do for her children what she needs to get done.” – Unknown
90. “I see you there mama, trying your best. I see you showing up each day, even though you feel exhausted. I see you making tough choices for your family even when you’re not sure if they are right. I see you working tirelessly, even when it seems never-ending. I see you doing an amazing job, even though you doubt yourself. I see you mama, and you are more than enough.” – Unknown
91. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.” – Ann Lamont
92. “Families don’t always realize that Mother is exhausted because Mother is always exhausted. Exhausted is what looks normal.” – Mary Blakely
93. She’s who I became when I stopped pretending that I had it all under control and realized that raising kids isn’t about perfection, holiday cards, or Pinterest meals. It’s about experiencing the ups and the downs with the people who mean the most to you in the world.”- Bunmi Laditan
94. “Twelve years later the memories of those nights, of that sleep deprivation, still make me rock back and forth a little bit. You want to torture someone? Hand them an adorable baby they love who doesn’t sleep.” – Shonda Rhimes
95. “Mother – noun. One person who does the work of twenty for free!” – Unknown
96. “The closest I get to a spa day is when steam from the dishwasher smacks me in the face.” – Unknown
97. “Parenting is 50% feeling like your head might explode, and 50% felling like your heart might.” – Unknown
98. “Caring for a kid with no sense of personal safety is a different kind of exhausting.” – Christine Derengowski
99. “I wish I was as tired as I thought I was before I had kids.” – Unknown
100. “The fastest way for a parent to get their child’s attention is to sit down and look comfortable.” – Lane Olinghouse
One Last Thing
So there you have it, tired mama quotes and memes that perfectly capture the roller coaster ride that is motherhood. It’s not always easy, but it’s so worth it. Remember, you’re not alone in this tired mom life. We’re all in it together!
So keep your chin up and keep doing an amazing job, mama. You got this!
Pin this article to come back next time you’re feeling emotionally drained or lonely for some inspiration and chuckles.
Do you have a favorite among these tired mom quotes? Share it with us in the comments!