Why read: Need inspiration for Halloween crafts for 2-year-olds? Check out these 15 Halloween crafts for toddlers that are spooky and fun.
For your easy shopping, this post contains affiliate links. If you click highlighted links or pictures and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Halloween crafts for 2-year-olds are by far the best way to get your toddler involved in the holiday.
Because let’s be honest!
Younger kids do not appreciate as much as older kids getting dressed up and begging for candy (that they can’t even have!) on a chilly dark night.
So why not get creative and do fun Halloween crafts with your toddler instead?
2 years is such a fascinating age when your little one starts to understand quite a lot. It’s not just the tear-all-apart-and-put-everything-in-your-mouth stage of a year before.
At this age, they start to sit patiently. And get excited about the final product that comes out of a fun craft they get to make with their parents.
So while all of these Halloween craft ideas will also work for a 1-year-old, you’ll have way more fun with your 2-year-old.
Plus, when it comes to Halloween crafts for two-year-olds, they have a lot to gain.
Benefits Of Halloween Crafts For 2-Year-Olds
Like any craft activity, Halloween crafts are super fun and can teach toddlers a great deal.
From fine motor skills to projects that require dexterity and patience – all these are valuable lessons for young children.
Let me list a few benefits of Halloween sensory activities, crafts and arts:
1. Learning about colors and shapes. Different craft materials will give you a great venue to talk with your little one about colors and shapes.
2. Bonding with parents. Working on a Halloween project can be a great way to spend some quality time with your child.
3. Having a sense of accomplishment. After finishing a craft, your toddler will be proud of their work. This can boost their confidence and self-esteem.
4. Learning about cooperation. When working together on a craft – especially when siblings are involved – they’ll need to cooperate to finish it. This is an important lesson that they can take with them into other areas of their life.
5. Expressing their creativity. Allow your child to be as imaginative as they want when crafting Halloween spiders, witches, and other creatures. This is an excellent way to show off their personality.
6. Getting to know about Halloween customs and traditions. You might be surprised how much your 2-year-old can already grasp. My daughter is 2 years and 3 months old and she loves stories about scary witches and ghosts while we work on creating those.
7. Making memories. Halloween crafts can be saved and treasured for years to come. The best activity of my now 7-year-old son is to take out from the attic the box with his Halloween crafts from previous years and look through them together. This became a tradition in our home that my boy is looking forward to every Halloween.
8. Having a great time. The most important benefit of Halloween arts and crafts for 2-year-olds is that they are simply fun! So go ahead and start crafting and having fun with your toddler today!
Supplies Needed for Halloween Crafts For 2-Year-Olds
Many of the crafts in this list are very simple to put together and you probably already have most of the materials on hand.
But if you do need to stock up on your arts and crafts supplies, here are some of my suggestions.
You’ll need most of these for Halloween and many other crafts:
- Color paper
- Construction paper
- Googly eyes
- Pipe cleaners
- Glue gun and stick
- Popsicle sticks for crafts
Halloween Craft Ideas For 2-Year-Olds
When it comes to crafting with your toddler, there are no set rules.
You can let your imagination flow and have fun.
Here is a list of easy Halloween crafts to do with 2-year-olds if you need some inspiration.
Each craft will have an individual link that will take you to another page with detailed instructions and a list of materials needed.
Check out the one you like and then come back for others.
Happy spooktacular crafting!
Who said witches need to be scary?
How about crafting a witch that is super cute and friendly?
The best part is that your toddler can decorate it however they want. They can add stripes, polka dots, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, or whatever else they can think of or you have available to work with.
Another cutie, this Halloween spider craft is sure to delight any child. Super easy to make and not at all creepy!
Give it a try with your toddler, preschooler, or first grader!
Turn a regular toilet roll into this spooky Halloween tree craft.
Place a tea light inside to watch the eyes glow.
Do you have some popsicle sticks lying around?
Why not use them to create these cute scarecrows?
This is a great Halloween craft for 2-year-olds because it’s made with simple supplies and is no fuss!
This Halloween, turn your toddler’s handprints into adorable little bats with this easy craft for toddlers.
Ghosts are another popular Halloween theme, and there are tons of different ghost crafts your toddler can try.
One option is to use cotton balls.
Look how funny they turn out!
What can be better than a DIY Halloween costume?
These easy-to-make paper plate masks are both a fun craft to make and can serve as a DIY costume.
Even if you use these masks to play around the house it’s still a win with your little one!
Painting rocks is another fun activity for Halloween.
Make them look spooky, funny, or sweet, and have a good laugh with your toddler.
Here is an idea of a super funny painted rock Frankenstein.
As a bonus, you could use it as a great Halloween-themed paperweight or magnet!
Another super fun Halloween craft that is easy to put together.
You can get creative with your little one here and arrange the popsicle sticks however you want to create a spooky scene!
How about not only crafting but turning your craft into an amusing bowling game?
Check out these sweet Halloween-themed tin cans that can be reused over and over for an entertaining bowling game.
Would work especially perfectly if you have more than one child.
You can add numbers to the back to encourage a little addition and maths or you can also use them as desk tidies!
One craft – lots of uses!
This Halloween craft is perfect for 2-year-olds who love cats.
Plus these luminaries are sure to add some spooky fun to your Halloween decor!
What can be more fun for a toddler than getting their little hands messy?
And when those can be used to create cute Halloween creatures even better!
Have your imagination go wild with different colors and drawings when creating paper Halloween arts.
Here are some ideas to start!
This clay Halloween village is far from frightening, in fact, painting it in the holiday’s iconic colors like orange, green, and purple makes it that more fun.
You can of course paint the houses black or whichever color you’d like and even add in some stripes or painted bats for a more eerie and mysterious approach.
A Halloween craft can’t be any easier than these super simple toilet paper roll mummies!
All you need is some toilet paper rolls and any other supplies you can find in your art drawer.
Look how adorable these leaf monsters are!
Your little one will love going on a nature hunt collecting colorful leaves and turning those into charming little monsters.
Make a family of monsters and use them for role play too!
One Last Thing
There you have it! 15 easy Halloween crafts for 2-year-olds!
I hope you’ll enjoy making these as much as I enjoyed picking them for you.
Whether your child prefers painting, construction paper crafts, or making fingerprint ghosts, I made sure there is a variety of projects to choose from.
Plus, these Halloween craft activities for 2-year-olds are all easy to put together and with minimal mess!
Make sure you Pin this list for the future as these are activities preschool kids would also enjoy!
I can’t wait to hear all about which one of these Halloween crafts for two-year-olds was a hit with your toddler. Please share your experience with us in the comments!