Why read: Get your loved ones ready for the spooky season with these fun family Halloween quotes, sayings and wishes.
For your easy shopping, this post contains affiliate links. If you click highlighted links or product pictures and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Halloween is a special time of year to be with family and friends!
Whether you’re looking for a quote to use in your Halloween card or simply want to enjoy some festive words and inspirational messages, these Halloween family quotes and wishes are sure to please.
So take a look, find your favorite, and get ready to enjoy some spooky fun!
Family Halloween Quotes
There are plenty of family Halloween quotes that come from Halloween movies, TV shows, and books. If you’re feeling creative, you can even come up with your own family-themed Halloween quote.
Here are some of my favorite Halloween family quotes:
1. “There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch.” – Robert Brault
2. “Halloween is about spending time with your family as you go around gathering treats and sharing the special Halloween spirit. There is nothing quite like it.” – Natalie Smitherson
3. “There is nothing funnier than a family arguing about who is going to get the biggest piece of candy.” – Unknown
4. “A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.” – Erma Bombeck
5. “The farther we’ve gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we’ve come to need Halloween.”- Paula Guran
6. “Halloween is not only about putting on a costume, but it’s about finding the imagination and costume within ourselves.” – Elvis Duran
7. “Every day is Halloween, isn’t it? For some of us.” – Tim Burton
8. “Halloween is an opportunity to be really creative.” – Judy Gold
9. “Go out and enjoy that hectic Halloween night with your kids. While it may seem like a pain, it might just also be a magical night for you too.” – Genesis Lopez
10. “Halloween wraps fear in innocence, as though it were a slightly sour sweet. Let terror, then, be turned into a treat…” – Nicholas Gordon
11. “Halloween, pumpkins, sweaters, colorful leaves, and the pure joy of children are what makes October the best month of the year.” – Ben Harrison
12. “Nothing beats spending quality time watching your kids enjoy their life to the fullest as they run from house to house in your neighborhood trick-or-treating all night long. It truly is the most magical time of the year.” – Jennifer Roberts
13. “You may not realize how amazing Halloween is until you have a family and see it through your child’s eyes. That is where the magic comes.” – Unknown
14. “My favorite part about Halloween is creating a fun family costume. While there are disagreements and some difficulties, nothing draws us closer together than our matching outfits and laughter the entire night.” – Michelle Mower
15. “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – L.M. Montgomery
16. “Halloween is the only day you are allowed to be a monster and be as scary as you want without getting in trouble. So make sure you go crazy!” – Greg Shepherd
17. “I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner.” – Evan Peters
18. “There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight.” – Unknown
19. “When the witches went waltzing.” – Linda Williams
20. “Halloween is the perfect time for your kids to use their imaginations and for you to encourage it. The more fun they have during Halloween, the happier they will be the rest of the year.” – Gina L. Morris
21. “She’d always loved Halloween. A magic night. A night when anything could happen. Monsters could be real. Magic could whisper in the air.” – Cynthia Eden
22. “Some find Halloween to be creepy. I, on the other hand, find it to be far more magical than Christmas.” – Henry Christensen
Funny Halloween Quotes
23. “It’s Halloween; everyone’s entitled to one good scare.” – Sheriff Leigh Brackett
24. “I’m a witch every day. Not just for Halloween.” – Unknown
25. “Halloween was confusing. All my life, my parents said, ‘Never take candy from strangers.’ And then they dressed me up and said, ‘Go beg for it.’” – Rita Rudner
26. “Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like slutty zombies and no one thinks twice about it.” – Lindsay Lohan
27. “I don’t know what’s more, the fact that I’m a grown man wearing a children’s costume, or that I’m having so much fun doing it.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
28. “There are three things I’ve learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.” – Linus van Pelt.
Fun Halloween Sayings
29. “Screw it! Halloween starts now!”
30. “Werewolves howl. Phantoms prowl. Halloween’s upon us now.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
31. “Sticky fingers, tired feet; one last house, trick or treat!” – Rusty Fischer
32. “When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween.” – Unknown
33. “Ghosts and goblins come to play on October’s final day!” – Rusty Fischer
34. “Witch parking. All others will be toad.” – Unknown
35. “Trick or treat, bag of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street.” – Unknown
36. “Do you believe in ghosts? Well, you should… because you’re one!” – Unknown
37. “Boo! Did I scare you? Happy Halloween!” – Unknown
38. “When the witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ’tis near Halloween.” – Unknown
39. “Hocus pocus. Time to focus.” – Unknown
40. “Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October days.” – Unknown
41. “The moon has awoken with the sleep of the sun, the light has been broken; the spell has begun.” – Midgard Morningstar
42. “When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, ’tis near Halloween.” – Unknown
Related: 10 Fun Halloween Books For Babies
Spooky Halloween Messages and Sayings
43. “If I were alive, would you go to the Halloween dance with me?” – Casper
44. “Nothing on earth is so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night.” – Steve Almond
45. “On Halloween, witches come true; wild ghosts escape from dreams. Each monster dances in the park.” – Nicholas Gordon
46. “I put a spell on you because you’re mine.” – Jay Hawkins
47. “The dead rise again, bats fly, terror strikes and screams echo, for tonight it’s Halloween.” – Unknown
48. “Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain.” – J.K. Rowling
49. “There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassion of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.” – Joseph Conrad
Happy Halloween Wishes To Family
As Halloween approaches, we all tend to think about what we’re going to wear and how we’re going to decorate our houses.
But Halloween is also a time to think about our loved ones, both near and far. This Halloween, take a moment to send happy Halloween wishes to your family members, whether they live next door or across the country.
Use these messages as an inspiration to add an extra touch of magic to the holiday. They would also work perfectly for cards.
So go ahead and order some adorable Halloween cards and start spreading the Halloween spirit – your loved ones are sure to appreciate it!
50. “Today is the day to eat all the candies your heart entails. Happy Halloween!”
51. “Wishing you an unforgettable Halloween this year from my family to yours.”
52. “Wishing you a Halloween full of treats, candies, and scares.”
53. “Enjoy having fun this Halloween together as a family.”
54. “May your family have tons of fun, laughter, scares, pumpkins, and candy this Halloween!”
55. “Have fun going trick-or-treating together as a family on this scary Halloween night. May you get all the candy and treats your heart desires.”
56. “Halloween greetings to you and your family! May your night be filled with candy and treats and the best trick-or-treating you’ve ever had.”
57. “May your Halloween be as scary as your costumes and your treats as sweet as you are.”
58. “Sending you lots of love, laughter, scary monsters, goblins, and pumpkins this Halloween from my family to yours.”
59. “What do the ghost, Jack-o-lantern, witch, and bat all have in common? Wishing you a smile like a jack-o-lantern.” – Unknown
60. “Grab your jack-o-lanterns and light them up. Halloween is finally here!”
61. “Hoping you get a night full of fun and scares. Happy Halloween!”
62. “A candy a day keeps the monsters away.”
63. “This is the season to be spooky, scary, and act like a monster. Enjoy your Halloween!”
64. “Halloween is a time to let your guard down and use your imagination. Don’t worry about anyone else. Just be whoever you want to be and let your light shine. Have the best night of your life tonight!”
Need a last minute card with a cute wish to the family, print out the one I created for you below on a card stock paper and viola! Mass print it or use it as you wish! And let it be my gift to you this Halloween!
65. “Tonight just focus on your child and watch as they light up with joy all night long as they share their costume, treats, and happiness with everyone they meet.”
66. “Happy Halloween! May your costume be recognized by everyone and your treats be as delicious as ever.”
67. “Dress up, grab your pumpkin and candy bag and let the best night of your life begin. Happy Halloween!”
68. “Wishing you the most magical Halloween of your life.”
69. “I hope you get all the candy you wish for tonight. Watch out for those ghosts, monsters, and witches though!”
70. “May your costumes go as planned and your empty bags be filled by the end of the night. Happy Halloween!“
71. “Your candy bag may be filled, but your heart will be as well. Happy Halloween to you and your family. Enjoy and have the spookiest time of your life!”
And Some More Cute And Funny Halloween Wishes
72. “Goblins, monsters, witches, and werewolves, I hope your Halloween is filled with magical creatures for the entire night!”
73. “Happy Halloween from our family of monsters to your family of ghosts!”
74. “Halloween is a time to eat lots of candy dress up in the craziest costumes and be together as a family. I hope you enjoy your Halloween night!”
75. “Happy Halloween! Don’t get scared by the ghosts, monsters, and werewolves while you trick-or-treat tonight.”
76. “Wishing your family a fun, magical Halloween night as you trick-or-treat and fill your bags with candy.”
77. “Hopefully, your candy will last until Christmastime; Happy Halloween!”
78. “I hope you enjoy your Halloween as much as your kids do. Be sure to enjoy the leftover candy as they go to sleep!”
79. “Happy Halloween! Wishing you a wonderful night of happiness and joy.”
80. “Don’t forget to take a picture of your Halloween costume! May you enjoy being a scary monster one day of the year.”
81. “Happy Halloween to my dear family. I love watching your imagination run wild as you get ready in your costumes and spend the night living life in a whole other world.”
82. “Wishing you a spook-tacular Halloween!”
83. “Halloween is the one night I will let you eat more candy than me. Enjoy!”
84. “May your treats be many and your tricks be few during this spooky month. Hope you have a sweet Halloween!”
85. “Hope your Halloween is exactly as scary as you want it to be and nothing more or less than that!”
86. “Eat, drink, and be scary this Halloween season!”
87. “Wishing you a night full of trick-or-treaters to brighten your night. Have a happy Halloween!”
88. “Trick or treat, smell my feet, hope your Halloween is spooky sweet!” – Unknown
89. “Happy Halloween from one spooky family to another. May your scares be fun all night long.”
One Last Thing
Halloween provides the perfect opportunity for families and friends to come together and enjoy some laughs and scares.
I hope some or all of the above family Halloween quotes and wishes helped you get into the holiday spirit.
Which one of these family Halloween quotes is your favorite? Share with us in the comments!