Why read: Need ideas for baby wipe uses? Even if you don’t have kids, a pack of baby wipes can be a lifesaver in many situations. Find out how!
For your easy shopping, this post contains affiliate links. If you click highlighted links and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
The manufacturers of baby wipes must be slack-jawed at how popular their product has become in recent years.
In all probability, they believed that their baby wipes would at least live up to their name and intended use: a means to clean up an infant.
However, it is a good bet that they themselves never imagined, in their wildest dreams, how versatile and helpful these magnificent little wipes could be in the everyday lives of adults.
If you have a baby at home, you probably already consider baby wipes to be indispensable, but you still may not realize just how indispensable they are.
Read on to learn super practical baby wipe uses to solve all sorts of problems around the house. As well as, when on the go!
What Are Baby Wipes Used For?
If we start with the basics, the main purpose of baby wipes is, well, wiping your baby.
A pack of wet baby wipes is a must-have in a household with small kids.
They are good for wiping your little one’s bottom, face, and hands. And even feet for a quick solution. Happens so many times – you bathe your toddler, put their pajamas on, you read a book or two, and before you know it they start running around barefoot. Right before bed, you can just wipe their feet clean with baby wipes. So easy!
But let’s not stop there!
Even if you don’t have small kids, there are numerous important uses of baby wipes for adults!
They are perfect for quick clean-up jobs or spills. Or you can use baby wipes to remove makeup. Need a quick sanitizer – baby wipes to the rescue.
So let’s touch upon all of the many baby wipe uses one by one. Just scroll down through the subheadings and find what interests you.
How To Use Baby Wipes With Small Kids
Have you heard of a modern-day mom who can do without baby wipes? In most likelihood, not!
And while it might be easier and better in terms of avoiding diaper rash to wash your baby in the sink or baby bathtub – especially after a huge diaper blowout – you can’t do without baby wipes when on the go.
I personally have baby wipes in all of the rooms at home, at grandma’s house, in my diaper bag, all of my purses, in the car, in the stroller, and in my grocery bag.
Isn’t that too much you might think?!
Well, the thing is that I always need them, especially in this era of a global pandemic. Let me explain in the next section.
Best Baby Wipes For Babies And Small Kids
There are two types of wet baby wipes that I use: water baby wipes and antibacterial baby wipes.
It’s like washing with or without soap.
When at home I mostly use water wipes: they are 99.9% water-based so gentle for a baby’s or little child’s skin. If you wonder which diper wipes are best for a newborn baby – the answer is water wipes! These Pampers sensitive water based baby diaper wipes are also a good option.
And when outside, I mostly use antibacterial wipes as they are good for sanitizing.
Water wipes are best used for:
- wiping your baby’s butt when home or on the go – use a wipe warmer for cold months.
- cleaning those little hands or faces at home when you need a quick clean-up after a messy meal;
- wiping your toddler’s feet before bed;
- cleaning your little one’s runny nose on those sick days;
- sterilising the pacifier after your baby dropped it on the floor.
Use antibacterial baby wipes on the go:
- to clean your little one’s hands if they touch something unhygienic outside, especially before a meal,
- to sanitize shopping carts before placing your child in them, or high chairs at the restaurant.
Nowadays baby wipes are a huge necessity, especially with toddlers.
Recently, on a walk in the park, before I knew it my toddler girl ran up to and touched dog poop.
I know, so gross! I almost cried. Hadn’t I had a pack of antibacterial baby wipes in the stroller, I’d probably have had a heart attack.
Baby Wipe Uses For Cleaning
If you are not keen on having harsh chemicals in your house cleaning materials and are searching for a mild alternative for those quick clean-up jobs or spills, look no further than the baby aisle at your local grocery store.
That small box containing baby wipes can act as, surprisingly, a multi-faceted cleaner.
Carpet And Floor Cleaning
The next time someone tracks dirt into the house, use a baby wipe to clean it up. It’s much easier than pulling out the mop and bucket every time something ends up on the floor, and it’s a great time saver too!
If a spill occurs on your carpet, try using one or two cleansing wipes for a quick fix. You’ll find it does a pretty good absorption job by dabbing at the spill with the wipe.
While it may not completely take out the harshest of spills, it can quickly lighten, for instance, a spilled juice spot left from a toddler’s spill. A baby wipe may even take the stain out completely with additional rubbing.
Baby wipes can also be a quick solution for minor spills or spots and spillages that occur on the kitchen or bathroom floors.
If your shoes are in need of a quick polish on the way out the door, baby wipes are the perfect solution. Keep a box by the door, and you’ll always have a way to quickly wipe away any dirt or debris that has found its way onto your shoes.
If you’ve been searching for a way to keep your bathroom looking neat between cleanings, baby cleaning wipes is what you need. Keep a box of wipes under the sink where they’re easy to grab. Then, just wipe down the sink and faucet each morning to instantly restore the appearance of your bathroom.
Furniture and miscellaneous cleaning
In the same fashion as carpets, baby wipes can also effectively surface clean all types of furniture, couches, and chairs. Plus, they are fantastic for cleaning little hand smudges on the walls, tables, chairs, and coffee tables.
Keep your car windows clean in between washes with the help of baby wipes. Just keep a box in your car, and you’ll always have a way to clean off bird poop, pollen, or any other dirt that’s obstructing your line of vision.
You’re bound to have wipes that dry out before you get to use them from time to time. While you may be tempted to toss them in the trash, there’s still a good use for them.
Just put a little dusting spray on a dry baby wipe, and use it as a dust rag. Then, once you’re finished cleaning, simply toss out the wipe, and start with a clean one the next time you need to dust.
Some baby wipes that have only been “mildly” soiled can be laundered and recycled as dust cloths or cleaning rags. Or wipes that have been used in other cleanings can be potentially used a few times.
Use water baby wipes to clean big leaves of your house plants. Not only will the wipe remove the dust but also hydrate the plant.
One of the best (and original) uses of baby wipes is lifting fur balls left by the family dog or cat on the floor and catching them before they fly all over the place. It sure is cleaner, faster, and easier than trying to shove those stubborn pet hairs onto a dustpan after trying to sweep them up.
Use Baby Wipes To Sanitize
Get in the habit of carrying some antibacterial baby wipes in your purse.
This way you’ll always have a way to sanitize germ hot spots (grocery carts, restaurant tables, public telephones, etc.). And your hands!
Unlike other sanitizers, wet antibacterial baby wipes are alcohol-free. They are gentle on your skin but tough on germs and kill 99.9% of common bacteria.
Other Uses Of Baby Wipes For Adults
But it’s not only cleaning or sanitizing that baby wipes are good for. They come in handy and offer quick, easy fixes for lots of different situations.
- Makeup remover – Remove makeup quickly and easily with the aid of baby wipes. Since wipes are designed with a baby’s sensitive skin in mind, they’re gentle enough to use on your face yet strong enough to hold up to scrubbing. To give your skin a boost of moisture, choose alcohol-free wipes with aloe and vitamin E.
- Freshen Up – If you find yourself short on time after a workout at the gym, skip the shower. Use a few baby wipes to freshen up. They’ll leave you smelling as good as a newborn baby and feeling shower fresh.
- Feminine care – It’s no wonder flushable wipes are often used instead of toilet paper. They leave you feeling fresher and cleaner for longer between showers.
- Frizzy hair – If you’re out of your regular frizz remover or hair moisturizer, grab a baby wipe! Your hair will look smooth and shiny.
- Stain remover – One of the best baby wipe uses is removing stains. Spilled coffee on your favorite shirt? Your toddler drew with a crayon on your white carpet? Don’t know what to do with underarm deodorant stains on your husband’s black T-shirt? A little rub with a baby wipe and watch magic do its thing.
- Cooling down – On extra hot days keep an ice pack in your purse. Place the wipe on the ice pack for a minute or two and then on your face, neck, or back. Constant cooling-off relief!
- On the beach – Use baby wipes to clean the sticky sand off your kids’ hands and feet. Baby wipes are also great for a great cooling effect on the skin after being long in the sun. Just try it!
One Last Thing
A pack of baby wipes is one of those baby essentials that can serve as a lifesaver in many situations.
Whether you have kids or not!
If you are looking for a versatile product to use in a pinch, baby wipes can be a good investment. Keep an extra box of baby wipes on hand, and you’re sure to come up with even more unique baby wipe uses.
Is there anything else that you use baby wipes for that I haven’t mentioned? Please share with us in the comments!
Leave A Reply!